Commercial Real Estate
Developing commercial real estate is a challenging business endeavor that requires not only a significant financial investment, but also a sound understanding of commercial tenants’ requirements, as well as zoning laws and project management. In addition, because developing commercial real estate involves negotiations with local authorities, representatives of local residents and business owners, as well as with the contractors who perform the architectural designs, construction work, and landscaping, good interpersonal and diplomacy skills are a major requirement. Developing commercial real estate can offer an extremely rewarding business opportunity.
Read thefollowing steps to find out how Jovand Homes can assist you to develop commercial real estate.
1. Decide what type of commercial real estate you want to develop. The kind of businesses you lease or sell the property to will all have their own set of demands for the property, and you must be able to cater to that market by providing the right location. The most common types of commercial real estate you can develop are office buildings or office parks, industrial and warehouse real estate, and retail centers. Within each category there are a number of standard developments that may or may not be right for the type of commercial property you want to develop.
2. Lay down a good plan.You need to do some careful planning before you jump into any type of property dealing. Even though plans can go wrong at times, proper planning from the start will help you to ascertain success and that is where Jovand Homes works together with you to achieve that success.
3. Secure the financing to develop commercial real estate. This can be in the form of a business loan, investments by investment companies or private investors, or a combination of both. We have affiliates that can help you in this area.
4. We choose a location that is zoned for commercial development and find out how it is zoned. Jovand Homes will can find out how a lot is zoned by checking with the suburbs zoning and planning division. We make sure the location allows for easy access for the traffic that will be attracted by the new development. Our professional staff will find out what other development and infrastructural plans exist for the area. For example, if a new highway is planned, it will allow for more traffic, which could be beneficial for the commercial property, but if existing commercial real estate is going to be demolished to create a park or residential buildings, this could adversely affect the attraction of your commercial development.
5. Jovand Homes will have the land surveyed by a reputable surveyor who can tell us all of the geographic particulars of the location that affect construction, such as ground quality or existing structures below the topsoil.
6. We will help you in the purchase of the land if the zoning allows commercial development and the location allows for the type of construction you have in mind.Also secure any permits you need to develop commercial real estate. Depending on the location, this can include construction permits, parking permits, and waste removal permits.
7. Jovand Homes and their architect will design the commercial real estate you want to build.We make sure to explain clearly how we will meet your needs in terms of budget, time, and building requirements.
8. Approve the building plans if they meet all of your demands.
9. Jovand Homes will then perform the construction and landscaping.
10. Jovand Homes will arrange for building inspections.These are usually performed by inspectors to investigate whether commercial real estate is in compliance with legal requirements
11. Jovand Homes will assist you in hiring an agent to attract tenants for your commercial real estate.
12. Jovand Homes will also assist you to hire a property management team to oversee the day-to-day operations of your commercial real estate, such as maintenance, repairs, and billing.